If you subscribe to one podcast…
A great thing about podcasting is that when it’s done really well, it feels like you are eavesdropping into a personal conversation or monologue…at least that’s how it works for me.
I have been a fan of I Love Marketing for months – Dean Jackson and Joe Polish, and if you strip out their propensity to name drop “Gary Vee” “Tim Ferris” et al, then they have a great platform and deliver some seriously compelling content.
This morning I was listening to their show and an interview with Craig Ballentyne, who doe this own thing which is equally fascinating right here
This morning he spoke about the 3 Cs – and I know that I am a real victim for this sort of shit but this one resonates with me more because I know he has stolen it from Epictetus, one of the stoics, of which I have only recently discovered.
So the 3 Cs:
– Control what you can
– Cope with what you can’t control (Conquer the chaos)
– Concentrate on what counts
In a world of disruption, intrusion, interruption, bombardment, it’s important to have a mechanism which helps you cope.
This might be the one.
Also from the same podcast, he mentions the 5 Pillars of Success…I know, I know, I know…too many already!!!
But in the context of that same busy lifestyle, he makes a lot of sense with:
– Precise planning and preparation
– Professional accountability (I am in the middle of a search for a good coach to work with on a few things, so it makes sense to me…)
– Positive social support – energisers over energy sappers all the way
– Meaningful incentive ( a meaningful incentive for weight loss shouldn’t be to get into a certain waist size but to live a better quality of life)
– Big Deadline…(give what ever you are doing a big deadline, easy enough, right?)
Not a bad way to start the day…